I also had a really hard time being so far away from our families and the boys' grave. I guess I was afraid no one would remember except family. I was wrong. Our friends were amazing. We were surprised in the morning by two friends who showed up at our house with coffees and flowers. It was nice to have coffee and talk with them. Then another friend surprised me with coffee at work and all day the calls, texts, and facebook messages poured in. It was so nice to feel how loved our boys are, that they aren't forgotten.
My wonderful sister-in-law went to the boys' grave and spent time with them. It was important to me that the boys weren't alone on their birthday. She decorated their grave with flowers, pumpkins and gourds and sent us a picture. It meant the world to me.
I truly cannot believe it's been a year. A whole year since our world came crashing down. A whole year since the most bittersweet day of our lives. A year since we held our beautiful babies and said hello and goodbye.
Happy birthday Cal and Ben. You are loved and missed every second of every day.
Still no words. Just that I'm thinking of them and of you. I'm so glad your sister-in-law went to spend time with them and that your network did remember. I think of Cal, Ben, Avery, Langston and Trinity often as they and Aurelia all died in the same week.
ReplyDeleteI thought about you all day yesterday. I'm so glad your friends and family were there to support you. Happy birthday sweet boys.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday sweet angels. I hope you are having fun in heaven with Kyndal and all those who were too beautiful to stay.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to tell you that I was thinking of your boys today and you as well.
ReplyDelete